Saturday, December 11, 2010

Biking while sick (take that Dr. Anonymousness)

Turns out I wasn't really getting better. I ended up having to go back to the doctor. She proceeded to tell me that I was more sick than I felt (still not sure how I feel about that). Anyway, she put me on all sorts of drugs, sprays, and inhalers. She also told me I had to stop biking. When I asked if I really had to stop biking and if all of the prescriptions were necessary, she scared me with visions of pneumonia and long term breathing problems.

In the end, I promised to fill all of her prescriptions as long as I was allowed to keep biking. A deal was struck and off I went.

My crazy pile of meds.

It turns out the stuff really is helping me out. I only wake up once or twice a night now, and have minimized my coughing (much to Liz's delight). I have to go back on Monday for a checkup because the doctor said I had to. I also asked if this was necessary, and she insisted that it was. She used the pneumonia word again to help convince me.

Final thought, nasal sprays really creep me out.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: