Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's getting colder

I have had two enjoyable rides over the last two days. For the first time today, I donned my long sleeved compresion shirt. It fit really well when I tried it on in the store, but apparently my arms have gotten a bit smaller. The only thing being compressed if my body. The arms are all loose, and I think it make me look silly. I tried putting my purdue jersey overtop, and it didn't really help. 
From a functional standpoint,  it works just fine. It certainly kept me much warmer than yesterday's short sleeved outing. 

My toes are even starting to feel the chill during the bike ride, and my nose seems to generate a lot more snot. I know what everyone is thinking, and you are all correct. I am not very attractive when riding, and I'm ok with that. 

I think that it is safe to say that for Christmas I will be requesting a wide range of cycling type cloths to help me deal with colder weather, warmer weather, and even normal weather. I really like having jerseys with pockets. 

I have discovered that semi trucks going the opposite direction on country roads are about the most annoying things ever.  It's scary when they past, but the wind they create can about blow you over. There is nothing being at a point in the ride when you are going uphill, feeling really tired, and having a semi vortex swirl about you. I find it very disheartening at times. 

That's about all for now.

Semi-trucks.  Good for buisness. Bad for bikers.




No comments: