Monday, September 23, 2013

A different kind of adventure

The plan was to quick drive to the mechanic to pick the new car tire and then jet home and hop on the bike for a quick ride. Then, it all went south. I was exiting the parking lot and the brakes went out on the Ford. I'll tell you...losing your brakes is the weirdest feeling you can have in when driving. After driving that car for 7 year (or so) those extra two inches of down made it feel like my foot was being eaten by the engine itself. 




Thankfully, I was only going 3 mph, and I didn't hit anyone. I called a for a tow truck and dropped of the car at the mechanic for yet another patch. Since I didn't get home till later than anticipated, I was relegated to biking for 50 minutes on the trainer while watching football. Somebody should tell Peyton Manning that he is an old man and shouldn't throw so many touchdowns. Nobody likes seeing a grown man go through a midlife crisis.




Tomorrow's adventure. The start of interval training....

No comments: