Wednesday, August 25, 2010

a hard ride

What happens when you don't keep riding during the second half of the summer? You get SLOW!

Today's ride was a rude awakening. It was a harder ride, but it shouldn't have been as hard as it felt. Quite frankly, I was in poor form each up hill, during each sprint (although, sprinting would indicate that I actually went faster for some amount of time), and when riding in the pack. I was gassed and sucking wind for the last 10 miles. I think the worst part was feeling that some people I knew on the ride just assumed I'd be in shape and ready to go.

Last year, I don't think I would have blinked at a 20mile ride at 22-28mph. That's probably not true. Either way, I'll just have to grind it out till I get get the fitness back.
I keep meaning to take a picture before the ride of the group, but I always chicken out. I think about taking one during the ride, but the groups have been a bit unstable. sooner or later a photo op will arise.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Whenever I do Wii biking I think of you. A few days ago I got to expert and got less than 1/3 of the flags before giving up for the day