Thursday, August 21, 2008

Deer in the road

This morning I went for a relatively short ride. I think my legs may still be recovery slightly from my fun with the undergrad cyclists. I also am hoping to put in a longer distance tomorrow. Anyway, I went 15 miles which means I was only out of the apartment for 45 or so minutes. This means that I left after Liz left for her run and got home before she did. She's convinced that I never really left the apartment.

The only fun think that I saw was a deer in the middle of the road. I had to yell and make clicking noises at him to get him to wake up and move out of my way. I got pretty close to him. He had no friends. Also as a garbage truck was driving towards me it decided to pull onto my side of the road and park right in front of me. At first I thought it was going to run me down, but then it stopped. I had to stop too since I couldn't see around it and that annoyed me.
Picture of deer crossing road (West Lafayette doesn't have that many trees. In fact, I don't think that central/north Indiana has that many tree total.)


No comments: