Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Not much here

School has started with a bang (in so many different ways ;), but I have still been able to get out both Monday and Tuesday. On Monday I surprised Liz and myself by getting out of bed at the crack of dawn to make a 7:00am group ride on campus. Over all it was really fun, but I was so cold. There were times when I actually thought that I wouldn't be able to ride safely if I didn't tone down my shivering. Luckily, one of the group members was over prepared and let me borrow a sleeveless wind breaker. I was still pretty cold, but I do think that it helped. I may be purchasing a cheap long sleeve jersey (also much to Liz's surprise) so that I can keep going to the morning rides.

Today I went for a solo 30 miles. It had been a pretty productive day (with some of those bangs along the way), and I wanted to reward myself by leaving campus a half hour earlier and getting a nice hard ride in. It was windy, so I went out 15 miles into the wind then came back. The turn around point was the craziest part since you go from the wind howling quiet loudly in your ears, to pretty much dead silence since you are suddenly going with the wind.


That's about all from the bike realm.

Liz and I both went to the dentist for some dental work. It's funny how much money we pay for them to inflict pain on us. However, now I have a new cavity free filling. The hygienist also gave me my routine scolding for drinking coffee (because I'm sure someone who I see once every six months is going to get me to change a habit that I enjoy...Bwahahaha)

No comments: