Sunday, January 25, 2009

Odometer watch

Odometer reads: 927.9 miles

It was a busy weekend so I didn't ride as much as I had hoped, but I think my knee still needed the break. Tonight was the first time where I really didn't feel like my knees were bothering me. I would say that they are operating at about 98 percent. I'll try the spinerval dvd again tomorrow since that allows for an intense but shorter workout. 

I went to the cycling club call out. It was weird seeing cyclists in street cloths. I only recognized three people that I had ridden with in the fall, but I'm sure there were more of them there. I might give racing a try but it is still very much up in the air. 

At a dinner party last night I said next to a person that was a professional triathlete. I knew he biked, but I didn't realize that he was quiet that good. It was both nice to talk a little bike, but a little weird when he talked about all the athletes he had coached that turned pro or went to the Olympics. He was quite a nice guy.

On a school note, my this is going to be a long semester. I didn't get much done this weekend (my own fault) so I have to work hard to get back on top this week. Yuck. There is a stack of grading with my name on it. It's nice mind numbingly boring work that I can do till bed. 

The Last Templar mini-movie on tv was (is?) a huge let down. Not good at all. It was just a National Treasure rehash with out the star cast or the intelligent dialogue. I'm willing to bet that the book is better though.

No comments: